Friday 7 September 2007

Arsene Signs!

It was widely expected by many Arsenal fans that Arsene Wenger would sign a new contract with the Gunners.

Who is in the right frame of mind would walk away from a job that he loves and with the amount of control that he has over the team and in general, the direction of the club, football wise that is.

The new contract which will end in 2011 will make the Frenchman the longest serving manager if he sees it out, eclipsing George Allison record who was in charge from 1934 to 1947 after taking over from the great Herbert Chapman.

He was quoted from Arsenal.com as saying:

My heart is tied to this football club so signing a new deal was always my intention. Arsenal is the club of my life. I have been entrusted with complete freedom to implement and execute my plans on what will make the team successful and that means I have a responsibility to the fans to deliver silverware and also a responsibility to the players to help turn our potential into prizes. This Club has deep-seated roots and a tremendous heritage and it is my aim to uphold these important values and help create new history for future generations to recount.”

It was a piece of news that I have been waiting for since the new season started. Despite knowing that Arsene is a man of his word, it is much, much better to have it done officially in black and white.

...

2 comments:

ZABS said...

Salam mad.redo1,
What happen to the other blog you have. Do you think that you will remain with Arsene until the end of the season aaa?

mad redo1 said...

irrespective whether he sign or not, my heart will remain a Gooner. so far his actions has, to a certain point justified my action in putting my belief in him, I do not see any reason to do otherwise.

my other blogs remain where they are, still alive... hehehe...