Tuesday 30 October 2007

Help! I Can Get No Satisfaction!

Despite the best effort of to keep the lid closed, it will remain open until our forwards (especially the one from Africa) become more clinical with their finishing.

I have followed Arsenal for a long time and the disappointments every time the results did not go our way were more than compensated by the joy and elations when the did. It was the same on Monday morning.

The way we wrested control in the middle of the Anfield pitch kept my hope going that a lucky break would come our way, especially after 'Lucky' Jaime Carragher again did what he had done at Goodison last week, and escaped from any punishment whatsoever.

Though I must admit that a part of me was willing to accept the match could be the end of our unbeaten run in ALL competitions this season. So, you could just imagine my jubilation when Alex Hleb had the vision to wait before delivering the telling pass that Cesc Fabregas converted into what he referred later as a 'lucky' goal.

At 1-1, the match could have gone either way. Remember a couple of seasons ago when we have tied up the score when a last minute effort from Neil Mellor secured the three points for the home side? I was crossing my fingers hard, praying we would not have to go through the same experience again. Thank God, we did not.

It was a joy to watch Arsenal play right now under Arsene Wenger, but the satisfaction and joy of seeing Arsenal achieving a result was still the same as it was when we did so under Terry Neill, Don Howe, George Graham and Bruce Rioch.

As always, I believe that an Arsenal player would give his/her (Yes, I do support the women's team too) best whenever they pull the famous red and white jersey (or whatever colour the away, third and goalkeeper kit might be) thus they deserve every support from us Gooners.

Though he (the African striker) has become the source of me moaning more frequently recently, I still could not bring myself to say he did not deserve his place in the Arsenal line-up. What I hope is for him to regain his finishing touch or other players could take his spot in the first eleven.

One thing for sure he gave us the joy at Old Trafford last season and I would be certainly keep my fingers crossed again, hoping he would come good again against Fergie's more expensive line-up this weekend.

Go Gooners!

...

No comments: